Beware of Phishing attacks:
- Make sure,the URL in your browser address bar begins with "https".
- Never write your password on a Post-It and stick it on your monitor, your address rolodex, under
your desk pad, or anywhere else where it can be easily found. If you must write it down, keep it
where no one can find it except for the authorized user.
- Always lock/logout your computer while leaving.
- Never install unknown or unsolicited software in your computer.
- Never download pirated or cracked software.
- Always use a device firewall.
- Don't click on popup windows that tell you that your computer is infected with a virus
- Phishing is a fraudulent attempt, usually made through email, phone calls, SMS etc seeking your
personal and confidential information.
- The department or any of its representative never sends you email/SMS or calls you over phone to
get your personal information,password or one time SMS (high security) password. Any such
e-mail/SMS or phone call is an attempt to fraudulently access your account. Never respond to
such email/SMS or phone call.